Nurses support Keith Ellison for Attorney General because he:
- Pressed hospitals on the need to provide adequate PPE for workers in the early days of the pandemic
- Strongly supports the collective power of nurses bargaining collectively to solve the problems in our hospitals
- Expressed deep concern with mergers and other corporate practices which consolidate the power of hospital CEOs and distort priorities in our healthcare system
- Opposes a UnitedHealthcare merger
- Pledged to work with nurses to ensure Minnesota hospitals live up to their community responsibilities, to hold executives accountable to put Patients Before Profits in Minnesota
Understands the way rising healthcare costs and stagnant wages are affecting nurses and patients alike in Minnesota
- Reiterated his commitment to helping all Minnesotans afford their lives and to live with dignity and respect.